July 28, 2010

I Blame the Traffic!

9:56.7  -- Only two seconds shy of a new PR on the way in this morning!  Flying down the last stretch I was on pace for a new PR when I nearly caught up to an old man driving a little Nissan pickup.  Then, in the last corner before the bridge that man slowed all the way down to the speed limit!  What was he doing!?  After making the corner, he sped away again.  I still pushed it in, but with that blow to my momentum, I came up short.

But that brings up a topic I am torn on...obeying traffic laws.  I'm not torn when it comes to using a lane or obeying traffic signals.  Where I'm torn is obedience to the speed limit.  Particularly, I don't feel that bicycles need such vigilence in gravity-friendly situations (aka:  descending hills)!  Honestly, though, not even cars are strict to obey speed limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment