August 02, 2010

Encroaching Darkness

I've recently been waking up in the dark.  This morning even felt a little cool.  Summer is beginning to wane, and the days are unfortunately getting shorter again.  While I LOVE the long summer days in Spokane, I sometimes struggle to enjoy the long nights of winter.  During the ride into work this morning I began thinking through what I will need to do to get ready for riding in the dark. 

There are basically two options:
1.  Swap my headlight and blinky over to my road bike.
2.  Repair my commuter bike which currently has lights and fenders mounted.

Really I like both options.  I do love riding the road bike, although not so much when I expect wet roads.  The commuter has been down for a while, and I'm really looking forward to riding it again.  Unfortunately I've been accumulating a repair list for that bike that could easily exceed $200.  Although...I could get by on about $100.

The most likely scenario will include some of both options.  While saving money for the commuter I'll switch the lighting over, and then as soon as the weather turns south I'll scramble to get the commuter repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment