October 28, 2010

In Preparation...

Tomorrow morning I'm going to ride 100 miles.  It's going to hurt a bit...or perhaps more than a bit.  Here's how I'm preparing to complete the task:

1.  I opened up my calendar and put the right mark on it.
2.  I took my rollers down from the wall and set my bike on them.
3.  I'll pick out a few movies to watch while suffering in my basement.
4.  I'll collect several energy foods including, but not limited to:  Powerbar Vanilla Crisp, Bananas, Peanutbutter Sandwiches, Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, Cliff Shotblocks, and several bottles of water and Carborocket.  I've also heard Coke is awesome on long rides...perhaps a couple of those.

I also did many rides this summer to prepare for such a task as riding 100 miles.  These rides included, and were entirely limited to:  My daily commute, and twice around the river loop (17 miles).

Alright, so thinking about my physical preparation makes me feel a little woozy.  This is going to be painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment