November 01, 2010

100 Miles Complete!

Friday, October 29th, I finally completed the 100 Miles of Nowhere 2010!  The ride was sweet.  The ride was monotonous, monstrous, and long.  Here's the quick recap:

Miles 1-15 watched "How to Train Your Dragon".
Miles 15-30 took forever, and were very difficult.  Didn't want to stop to set up a new movie...
Miles 30-50 set a solid pace...watched Dragon twice more without sound. Cramping of left calf began at mile 40.
Breakfast at mile 50 was awesome...bacon, peanut butter on toast, and coke.
Miles 50-75 watched "Iron Man".  More cramps from miles 70 to 75 as I picked up pace to reach the 3/4 point.
Miles 75-100 watched "Star Trek". 
Finished at about 1:30 in the afternoon.

I had some great miles to think about my friend, Adam and others I know who have battled/are battling cancer.  Just over 6 1/2 hours on the bike matches one Chemotherapy Treatment.  Several times I found myself counting down the seconds for a given mile set.  I understand he's done some counting down through much more pain than I can ever imagine. 

Props to all those who fight that dirty illness that would take all!

No comments:

Post a Comment