October 04, 2010

Leather and Rain

This morning I determined that I would NOT wimp out on my commute because of a little rain...or even for a lot of rain.  I donned my rain coat and headed out the door.  The rain was not nearly as big as it sounded from inside, so it ended up being a pleasent ride. 

BUT I forgot to put the rain cover on my leather saddle!  I was half-way to work when I realized this.  I thought through the possibilities in my mind:
  • Stop and put the cover on the saddle.
  • Keep going and do not get off the saddle until I'm out of the rain.  (This method was only an option because my saddle bag pretty well protects the underside of the saddle.)
I kept going.  As I expected, when I arrived at work the saddle was mostly dry.  Whew!  The last thing I want to do is ruin my Brooks. 

It's really time to get my foul weather commuter up and running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment