January 16, 2013

A New Season

I'm not a Resolutionist.  To be fair, I've been contemplating getting back on the horse for a while now.  Then today I found that this blog hit the Bicycle Alliance Blog List.  What does that mean to me?  That this little piece of blogosphere still has a flickering light...and that I may just need to give it a nice whack to make it burn strong again.

Truth is, I spent the last few years running like crazy.  I put the blog aside and I largely put cycling aside. 

My abscence was due to a long courtship with the elusive and wiley marathon.  Each year I put more time into it in attempt to meet my original goal: 4 hours.  In 2012 I did it.  So I'm done.  I've run less than 10 times since.  I still like running, and I'll still run.  But no more marathons.  It's not my thing. 

Similarly, I have realized I'm not a bicycle advocate.  I'm no longer a daily cycling commuter, but I am still a commuter.  I like cycling, and I like talking about it, but I'm not here to make statements.  Just to rant now and again and hopefully inspire others to share. 

I've got a few ideas about some rides and such that I want to accomplish this year.  With my weekends back from that darn marathon, I'll have plenty of time to ride.  Maybe even race.  We'll see.

Now where's that bike pump...

No comments:

Post a Comment