February 04, 2013

Nemesis Hill Sucks Wind

Rode home from work today.  I wasn't really into it, but I wasn't willing to throw in the towell against my nemesis.  As I approached the incline I realized my rythm wasn't going to jive well.  I stood up and pumped, and quickly my legs felt thick and sluggish...cause they were.  By the mid-point I was suffering.  I was breathing heavily and my mind was wandering.  I attempted to pin down the fleeting thought, "I did not want to walk it".  Finally the crest was in sight.  I was weaving a bit more with each pedal stroke.  My mouth was open wide, and I was certainly spraying saliva with each heave of my lungs, but it still seemed that I couldn't get enough air.  Eventually the ground leveled out, and all I could do was gratefully sit.  Another battle was in the books.  I did not suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment