February 07, 2013

Weight Loss

One of my major motivations for biking to work is my health.  I'm generally not an unhealthy person, but that is largely because of my choices over the years to live an active lifestyle.  I have evidence to suggest that I am prone to gaining weight.  This evidence has most recently been assured by a 20-pound weight gain over the last 8 months. 

20 Pounds.  Feels.  Wrong.

It also feels motivating. 

That's why I'm biking to work again.  That's why I want to participate in a few races this spring/summer. 

I feel so much better without this extra part of me.  All self-consciousness aside, I physically feel better and healthier at a lower weight.




By the way...I can't believe only two people have logged their opinions on my Redlight Poll.  It's right over there ---------------------------------------->

And it's anonymous.  I really am curious how other people feel about sitting at a redlight on a bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment