January 24, 2013

Ohhhh My Sit Bones!

Tuesday evening I rode 3.7 miles home from work.  Wednesday I wimped out.  This morning I buckled down and rode/skated to work, and I felt every. single. bump.  Every one.  Then on my reverse commute I found that indeed it could be worse.  I forgot how awesome fun it is to get through this stage!

In other news I climbed Nemesis Hill tonight.  It was terrible, but I made it.  Truth is, it was much better than going down it this morning.  That was scary.  I've had scary moments in my life, but skating down an ice-slick on a bike at 25 MPH with cars right behind me and dangerously rutted snow on either side of the wheel track I was riding...  One though was screaming through my mind, "STAY VERTICAL!!!".  Needless to say, my bike seat was as thin as a dime by the time I reached the bottom.

Kinda makes me wonder, "Why am I doing this?" until I get on the scale and confirm that those love handles are not an illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment