February 12, 2013

Performance Bike

I like to go to my local bike shop.  I like to chat with the mechanics and watch them tune my bike.  But I don't like to by maintenance pieces or gear from them.  For those things I go to the internets.  And then I end up spending extra so I don't have to pay shipping.

As I'm getting back into riding more this year I've been making my mental list of items I "need".  It just so happened that I was in Boise this weekend, and had some time to scoot over to the Performance Bike store.  I've wanted to go there for a few years now.  It was everything I had hoped for.  The same great deals on the web, but with actual talking people to answer my questions. 

After about 30 minutes of browsing and picking and choosing and putting things back and picking more I had over $200 of stuff in my arms.  I called my wife and asked what my budget was.  Her answer..."$100". 

I re-stocked a few items and went to the counter.  My load rang up to over $180.  I pointed to one last "non-essential" item to be removed from the list, and brought it down to $163.  You know...cause "$100" really means "significantly less than $200".  I'm still debating with myself whether to tell my wife or let her discover it on her own.

I wore my new helmet today, and was terribly pleased with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment