July 13, 2010

Disregard

I stop at red lights.  I love my life.  Not only do I stop at red lights, I also wait for the red light to turn green before I proceed with caution through an intersection.  I love living.

Shortly after stopping at a red light this morning, an old man on a well used ten-speed rode up on my right and hollared, "Good morning!"

I responded, "Hey there." and then I watched that old man slow to about 5 mph and ride straight through the red light of an intersection where there are 5 traffic lanes from each street.  He veered to the right a bit as he did it, indicating to me that he is in the habit of making the "right-hand-turn; U-turn; right-hand-turn" maneuver...which on some streets could be justifiably legal, but still unpredictable and therefore stupid.  After watching him zip through that light in blatent disregard for the law, I wished I had not been so cordial. 

Of course, because I sat at the red light and consequently caught the next red light, I did not catch him to tell him what I thought...which was "Moron".

No comments:

Post a Comment