July 08, 2010

PR Homeward-Bound!

It seems that when I have a great ride in the morning, the evening ride will also be great.  Yesterday morning I achieved my second-fastest time for the year.  Last night I set a new all-time PR for the trip home!  11:08...beating the previous time by 3 seconds!

Yesterday I went through my records and compiled a list of the fastest times for each trip.  I guess it got me going, and I just pinned it all the way home.  It paid off. 

I hammered the pedals for the first mile and kept a good pace.  However, after climbing Nemesis Hill I thought I was sunk.  I looked at my time split and was sure I had missed the mark, but it's been a while since I TT'd (Time Trialed) it home and I couldn't remember what a good split was.  To my great fortune when I turned to the west, a slight tail wind was ready to usher me home.  I got down in the drops and put everything I had to the pedals.  I maintained extreme caution as I passed my crash site from earlier this year, particularly since there were many cars on the road with me.  (That was the last time I was down in the drops over this section.)  It was a fantastic feeling riding along the steady, slight negative grade, maintaining about 30 mph!

Pulling up to the driveway I stopped my timer and my heart thrilled at the sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment